Board of Directors
- Crystal Cathcart, President & Co-founder
- Kyle Zukauskas, Treasurer & Co-founder
- Jennifer Cathcart, Board member
- Marcia Thomas, Board member
- JaTorra Commodore, Board member
- Andrea Motto, Board member
- Susan Rubino, Board member
- Minhajul Mahid, Board member
- Town of Hamden Office of Mayor Lauren Garret
- Svigals + Partners | Atelier Cue Marissa Dionne Mead
- Atelier Cue Ioana Barac
- Hamden Youth Services Bureau
- The People’s Coalition of CT Pamela Jaynez
- Daniel’s Company Youth Leadership Mentoring Trel Morrison
- Swords to Plowshares Northeast Jim Curry
- Swords to Plowshares Northeast Pina Violano
- Swords to Plowshares Northeast John Cerritelli
- Hamden High Athletic Department
- Hamden Police Department
Interested in partnering with Eli’s Garden of Healing? Send us an email at email@example.com
Eli’s Garden of Healing is dedicated to fostering community healing and preventing violence. We exist to serve survivors of violence & develop safer communities.
We aim to transform a World War II-era gun manufacturers test firing site into a serene healing garden for survivors of violence, while establishing youth mentoring and violence prevention programs. Through these initiatives, we honor the memory of Elijah Gomez, a 15-year-old who tragically lost his life to violence on May 9, 2022. Our mission aims to provide safe and supportive programs fostering resiliency and empowerment for all affected by violence.
We envision a future where compassion, understanding, and community healing prevail over violence. Our healing garden and violence prevention programs will be symbols of hope; nurturing a community where neighbors can find support to heal and grow beyond the impact of violence. By providing evidence-based mentoring and prevention resources, we strive to create a safe environment where the community can thrive. Our ultimate goal is to build a community that rejects violence, invests in the well-being of all its members, and creates a compassionate and resilient environment where everyone can find healing and hope.
Huge heartfelt thanks to our partners and donors for helping us grow!